JIRA forgets administration login credentials

colleen.m.grable@saic.com November 5, 2012

1. Log in to JIRA

2. Select Administration --> overall Administration page displayed

3. Select User Interface --> password credential needed

4. Enter password and log in

5. Select Navigator Columns tab --> username and password must be entered again

6. Enter credentials again --> Administrative password required for Administrative access

7. Enter password and log in

8. Navigate to the different User Interface tabs --> navigation is seamless

9. Select Users from the Users menu --> username and password must be entered again

10. Enter credentials again --> Administrative password required for Administrative access

Please advise.

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2012

Which version of Jira are you running? I do not see this behavior on Jira 5.1.7.

Are your cookies enabled?

Do you see the temporary administrative functions message at the top line of the screen?

colleen.m.grable@saic.com November 14, 2012

This answer is accepted.

0 votes
colleen.m.grable@saic.com November 12, 2012

Thank you again everyone for your assisitance with this problem. As it turned out, 3rd-party cookies were being blocked in the browser I was using.

Sorry for the false alarm. This issue has been resolved. Please close.

0 votes
colleen.m.grable@saic.com November 11, 2012

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Sorry I haven't responded sooner as I have been busy moving JIRA 5.1.8 / Confluence to another server.

I will look into the documentation for JIRA and clearing the cookies and let you know the outcome.

Thanks again for your assistance.

0 votes
Florin Manaila
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2012

Can this be replicated on another computer/browser? Sounds to me like a cookie problem. You can try deleting you cookies (ctrl+shift+del in your browser) and see if the problem persists.

HTH

0 votes
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 6, 2012

Hi there,

Please refer to the documentation about the Administrator Access Authentication Fails in Jira.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

John Chin

Suggest an answer