JIRA finds LDAP but can not search for users

RDI IT September 25, 2014

All,

I am on the final step of configuring JIRA to support my enterprise, I have been working through adding the user directory and I can get communication to the LDAP but when I go to test the retrieval of user information I get " org.springframework.ldap.CommunicationException: <Company.Domain>:389; nested exception is javax.naming.CommunicationException: <Company.Domain>:389 [Root exception is java.net.UnknownHostException: <Company.Domain>]. I am hoping that this is an easy fix

3 answers

0 votes
Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2014

Hello are you using the domain\user method when logging into JIRA? If that's so please try to log in just with yourr username.

Hope this helps.

0 votes
RDI IT September 25, 2014

Error changed to:

"Test retrieve user : Failed                    

User <Company\user> does not exist"
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2014

Could you please take a look into the application logs, and check if there is any further information regarding this new error, then paste here for the community review? Cheers.

0 votes
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
September 25, 2014

Hello,

Could you please check in the Advanced Settings of this User Directory if you have the checkbox "Follow Referrals" active?

If so, try to disable the Follow Referrals option, then test again.

This Article below contain more information regarding this issue:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/User+Lookups+Fail+With+%27PartialResultExceptions%27+Due+to+Active+Directory+%27follow+referrals%27+Configuration

Cheers,

Pedro Souza.

Suggest an answer