JIRA filter with latest completed sprint

Miles February 21, 2018

In reference to https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/advanced-searching-861257209.html

I have a filter where I would like to aggregate all tickets across several projects created by me, status done and added to the latest completed sprint.

The end of my filter looks like AND sprint in opensprints() OR fixVersion = earliestUnreleasedVersion() OR fixVersion = latestReleasedVersion()

I noticed that some tickets are not caught because for this project there is no fix version field. All I have that could help is a Completed sprint field, but it can't be used in advanced search and anyway, I would always need to be set to the latest.

Can you think of a workaround?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2018

In Jira, Business projects do not show the fixVersion field on the screen by default, however these issues can still have values for that field.  By default issues in Jira do not have any value for this field, so it might help to add a JQL entry such as

fixVersion is EMPTY

This would return any issues that have no value for fixVersion.

So perhaps making it look like this would help:

AND (sprint in opensprints() OR fixVersion = earliestUnreleasedVersion() OR fixVersion = latestReleasedVersion() OR fixVersion is EMPTY)

I added one set of parenthesis () in order to help isolate which elements are being evaluated here.  This way any issues that match any of those parameters would be included here.   Maybe this is bringing in too many issues?

Suggest an answer