JIRA filter order issues by presense of label

William Brennan September 29, 2013

The filter I'm trying to create looks for one of a few labels to show the issue has been sponsored by a certain staff member, if found the issue appears at the top of the filter and if not then I want to arrange by votes.

I'm fairly new to JIRA filters so I don't know to perform the complex queries yet, is this possible to do or would I need an addon to do it?

Example of the ordering I'm afer.

Issue #1 Label: convenor_sponsored Votes: 50

Issue#2 Label treasurer_sponsored Votes: 40

Issue #3 No label Votes 100

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
William Brennan October 2, 2013

Found that you can't match wildcard's on labels, probably going to make a custom field on certain issue types then match wildcard on that.

I had a solution to the voting issue as well but I have forgotten it although should be able to work around the issue.

0 votes
Mark Symons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2013

Grant, there is a way to match wildcards on labels. Use the issueFieldMatch function from the Script Runner plugin. It offers "wildcard" matching via regular expression support.

Example:

issueFunction in issueFieldMatch("project = JRA", "labels", "ABC\\d{4}")

Thus, you could use a simple query for every label that contains (say) "_sponsored" and match both "convenor..." and "treasurer..." labels from your system.

Suggest an answer