JIRA filter keeping basic drop down options, even when set to "All"

Jordan Berry July 18, 2017

This question is slightly hard to explain.

I have many users that would like to see the output of a JIRA filter to see what is going on in a certain project, but these users are not terribly fimilar with JIRA, and do not need to do more than see these issues.

We would like to have a filter created that they can go to, and have the options layed out in front of them. This can be achieved by (when in basic mode) clicking more, selecting a field, and then entering a value for said field. If you leave the field empty, then it says "All". Saving and sharing the filter will remove any field marked as "All", which I understand why it does this as the field marked "All" doesnt contribute anything to the filter, but is there a way to keep the fields there upon share?

Alternatively is there a way we can utilize Confluence along with JIRA to make a filter that can be used by less JIRA familiar users?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sebastien Jacques
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2017

Jordan,

when you select the fields for the query, you have to select the 'filter' view and not your default view (on top of the column selection box). You should be able to save the filter again with the fields that you want other users to see by default.

You can use the same query by name in the 'Issues List' widget in a JIRA Dashboard for easy access. You can also type the same query in a Confluence 'JIRA macro' where you can select the fields to display in the macro dialog.

Jordan Berry July 18, 2017

Hello Sebastien,

I think you misunderstood what I am looking for. I would like to keep the ability to keep the filter options rather than the columns that displayCapture.PNG

Like Harsha Chandra likes this
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2017

That's not possible.

Jordan Berry July 19, 2017

In that case, is there a way to have a Confluence page use the rest to get filters, and display them on page?

Suggest an answer