JIRA filter for showing me ONLY CERTAIN labels

Andrew Dion February 21, 2017

Trying to construct a JIRA filter that shows results where the labels contain any combination of (x, y, z), and nothing else.  Something like "labels ONLY IN (x, y, z)".

A "labels IN (x, y, z) AND labels NOT IN (...)" clause could work but there are too many labels to exclude, and they're always changing.

Possible ideas (no luck with any of them yet):

• Wildcards?  "labels NOT IN (*) EXCEPT IF labels in (x, y, z)"  <-- I know "except if" probably doesn't exist
  • Selecting the inverse?  "labels in (x, y, z) AND labels NOT IN !(x, y, z)"

3 answers

3 votes
Randy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2017

Closest you can get (without a plugin) is to do something like:

labels = 'x' and labels='y' and labels='z' and labels not in ('a', 'b', 'c')

Then review your query results by sorting by the labels field and add to the "not in" collection any additional labels you need excluded.

Edit: i just realized you said "any combination of".  If that's the case then your query of using labels in() and labels not in () would get you closest to it without plugins.

0 votes
jrodriguezg September 8, 2022

It might be too old, but I think this is answered here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Filter-using-Labels/qaq-p/1717601

labels in (x) AND labels in (y) AND labels in (z)
0 votes
Sampath October 29, 2021

I have had a similar problem and found no existing filtering methods on JIRA helpful.

As we're only few sprints older, I overcame this problem by modifying the labels.!

Just used "x_y" as a combined label instead of using two labels as x and y.

This could not be a solution for all, however this could be a way out for few until filters get better.

Suggest an answer