JIRA failed to authenticate with the LDAP server using the credentials in the osuser.xml file

paul grant September 17, 2012

I am upgrading jira 4.2.1 to jira 5.1.4. Jira 4.2.1 is connecting to ldap and authenticating against ldap server without issue. When using the same osuser.xml file for jira 5.1.4 I receive the following error:

JIRA failed to authenticate with the LDAP server using the credentials in the osuser.xml file. LDAP error: 
org.springframework.ldap.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C090334, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, vece]; nested exception is javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C090334, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, vece]

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Paul

1 answer

0 votes
Jason Hensler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2012

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/LDAP+Error+Code+49

The error seems to indicate your ldap login credentials are invalid.

Yes I found out this:

80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C09030B, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 52e, v893
HEX: 0x52e - invalid credentials
DEC: 1326 - ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE
(Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.)

NOTE: Returns when username is valid but password/credential is invalid. Will prevent most other errors from being displayed as noted.

But these credentials work find from jira 4.2.1, just not from jira 5.1.4.

Jason Hensler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2012

This is a longshot but, are you using uppercase characters in your username?

I tried that but to no avail. The credentials work for another jira instance. I think it may be that the LDAP server only allows a certain amount of connections using those credentials and other instances must be added to the list of LDAP users.

Suggest an answer