JIRA export of issue fields at specific point in workflow, to external source.

Christopher Barrett June 10, 2012

Within JIRA when moving through the workflow, I would like functionality that when it reaches a certain status, "completed" for example, that it exports all the information gathered on the task into a specific folder. This can be in .xml format like in issue navigator -> viewer, but I would prefer it in .csv format. I am aware that you can export the information through issue viewer, but I want this to be an automated process and just to include that specific task.

What are my options in this respect?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2012

None. You're using OnDemand, which doesn't allow non-standard customisations (yet!), and this requirement needs you to find or write some custom code to do it.

If you weren't on OnDemand, then you're probably looking at a post-function that you can add into the workflow, as it's transition data you're interested in, and have a clear "do it when X happens". Although you could look at a listener too. The script runner plugin ( https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Script+Runner ) would probably do the job very well in both cases.

Christopher Barrett June 11, 2012

Thanks! Where could I find a list of standard cusotmisations available for JIRA onDemand?

Christopher Barrett June 11, 2012

Appreciated, thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2012
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 11, 2012

It seems well hidden, or at least, people don't spot it when they sign up. "Sorry, you can't install plugins in OnDemand" seems to be quite a common phrase here. :-)

Christopher Barrett June 27, 2012

I know it has been a whiole since my last post, but I was looking for ways to execute this without having to install any plug-ins. Could I not create a external application that retrieves all the information for a specific query (which will contain a specific point in the workflow) through the REST API?

0 votes
Christopher Barrett June 27, 2012

I know it has been a whiole since my last post, but I was looking for ways to execute this without having to install any plug-ins. Could I not create a external application that retrieves all the information for a specific query (which will contain a specific point in the workflow) through the REST API?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2012

None. You're using OnDemand, which doesn't allow non-standard customisations (yet!), and this requirement needs you to find or write some custom code to do it.

If you weren't on OnDemand, then you're probably looking at a post-function that you can add into the workflow, as it's transition data you're interested in, and have a clear "do it when X happens". Although you could look at a listener too. The script runner plugin ( https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Script+Runner ) would probably do the job very well in both cases.

Suggest an answer