JIRA export of issue fields at specific point in workflow, to external source.

Within JIRA when moving through the workflow, I would like functionality that when it reaches a certain status, "completed" for example, that it exports all the information gathered on the task into a specific folder. This can be in .xml format like in issue navigator -> viewer, but I would prefer it in .csv format. I am aware that you can export the information through issue viewer, but I want this to be an automated process and just to include that specific task.

What are my options in this respect?

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

None. You're using OnDemand, which doesn't allow non-standard customisations (yet!), and this requirement needs you to find or write some custom code to do it.

If you weren't on OnDemand, then you're probably looking at a post-function that you can add into the workflow, as it's transition data you're interested in, and have a clear "do it when X happens". Although you could look at a listener too. The script runner plugin ( https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Script+Runner ) would probably do the job very well in both cases.

Thanks! Where could I find a list of standard cusotmisations available for JIRA onDemand?

It seems well hidden, or at least, people don't spot it when they sign up. "Sorry, you can't install plugins in OnDemand" seems to be quite a common phrase here. :-)

I know it has been a whiole since my last post, but I was looking for ways to execute this without having to install any plug-ins. Could I not create a external application that retrieves all the information for a specific query (which will contain a specific point in the workflow) through the REST API?

None. You're using OnDemand, which doesn't allow non-standard customisations (yet!), and this requirement needs you to find or write some custom code to do it.

If you weren't on OnDemand, then you're probably looking at a post-function that you can add into the workflow, as it's transition data you're interested in, and have a clear "do it when X happens". Although you could look at a listener too. The script runner plugin ( https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Script+Runner ) would probably do the job very well in both cases.

I know it has been a whiole since my last post, but I was looking for ways to execute this without having to install any plug-ins. Could I not create a external application that retrieves all the information for a specific query (which will contain a specific point in the workflow) through the REST API?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

115 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you