JIRA evaluation: How to check active users?

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2012

We're currently evaluating Jira 5.1 and need to guage uptake throughout the organisation.

When I view License Information to get an idea of how many users are actually in the system, it doesn't give me any details because it's "Unlimited" (I use this method on my Confluence instance to see how we're doing occasionally incase we need to extend our user license).

When I view the number of Users in System Info, it only displays a very large number that appears to roughly correspond with every account in our LDAP + internal Jira users. In reality I expect only 10-20 people have logged into Jira as yet.

Any assistance to determine the actual user uptake so far would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2012

Hi Sam,

Please bear in mind that the licensed count against the users if the user has permission to use JIRA or as adminsitrator, You could get more information regarding this from this documentation. Even if the users are listed out, it doesn't mean it will eb counted towards the license.

You could see the list of users that is counted towards the license by following this knowledge base article. However please take note that the query won't work against nested group.

Hope this information helps. Cheers,
Josua

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2012

Thanks, this query brings back a far more reasonable list.

Todd Winton May 12, 2014

How do I identfy active users in nested groups?

Suggest an answer