JIRA evaluation: How to check active users?

We're currently evaluating Jira 5.1 and need to guage uptake throughout the organisation.

When I view License Information to get an idea of how many users are actually in the system, it doesn't give me any details because it's "Unlimited" (I use this method on my Confluence instance to see how we're doing occasionally incase we need to extend our user license).

When I view the number of Users in System Info, it only displays a very large number that appears to roughly correspond with every account in our LDAP + internal Jira users. In reality I expect only 10-20 people have logged into Jira as yet.

Any assistance to determine the actual user uptake so far would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

Hi Sam,

Please bear in mind that the licensed count against the users if the user has permission to use JIRA or as adminsitrator, You could get more information regarding this from this documentation. Even if the users are listed out, it doesn't mean it will eb counted towards the license.

You could see the list of users that is counted towards the license by following this knowledge base article. However please take note that the query won't work against nested group.

Hope this information helps. Cheers,
Josua

Thanks, this query brings back a far more reasonable list.

How do I identfy active users in nested groups?

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

137 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you