JIRA email this issue plugin license

derek xu January 18, 2013

Have a question of the the license of the JIRA email this issue plugin.

Does the user number mean how many outside users I can use this add-on to send notification to? Or it just stands for it must meet the JIRA user license. For example, if I have a 50 users license of JIRA, and I need to buy this plugin to use for sending outside emails to more than 2000 users, which level I need to buy? 50 users or 2000 users?

It may be a little bit complex of the environment we have. We create a entry in a website to let our customers submit bugs and redirect to the JIRA(issue collector). We currently want to send the creation/update/close notification to our customers if there are. Using share email can can work but I am wondering if it can have an automatic way to achieve that by using the "email this issue plugin", for we have already had a list of all customers' emails address and can grab the submitters' email once they have reported a bug. In addition, I also want to check the pricing question if we want to implement this plugin.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 7, 2013

Hi Derek,

I have replied to your review on the Marketplace but I quote my reply here so that others may easier find it:

User numbers always reflect the JIRA license level. If you have a 50-user JIRA license, you must purchase a 50-user license of this add-on because the license levels of the host product and the add-on must match.

However, you can send emails to unlimited number of people using this add-on.

Cheers,

Tibor

derek xu February 15, 2013

Thanks for your reply, that is what I want:)

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2013
derek xu January 18, 2013

It may be a little bit complex of the environment we have. We create a entry in a website to let our customers submit bugs and redirect to the JIRA(issue collector). We currently want to send the creation/update/close notification to our customers if there are. Your suggestion can work but I am wondering if it can have an automatic way to achieve that by using the "email this issue plugin", for we have already had a list of all customers' emails address and can grab the submitters' email once they have reported a bug. In addition, I also want to check the pricing question if we want to implement this plugin.

Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 15, 2013

There are few limitations of Share, I name two here:

- email does not contain issue attributes but a link to the issue in JIRA. Therefore the recipients are implicitely limited to non-JIRA users, however Email This Issue can happily send issue emails to non-JIRA recipients.

- you cannot bind Share emails to Issue Events or Workflow transitions while it is easy to do with Email This Issue

So Share and this add-on have different scopes. Share is great but is simply not sufficient in many cases.

Suggest an answer