JIRA email this issue plugin license

Have a question of the the license of the JIRA email this issue plugin.

Does the user number mean how many outside users I can use this add-on to send notification to? Or it just stands for it must meet the JIRA user license. For example, if I have a 50 users license of JIRA, and I need to buy this plugin to use for sending outside emails to more than 2000 users, which level I need to buy? 50 users or 2000 users?

It may be a little bit complex of the environment we have. We create a entry in a website to let our customers submit bugs and redirect to the JIRA(issue collector). We currently want to send the creation/update/close notification to our customers if there are. Using share email can can work but I am wondering if it can have an automatic way to achieve that by using the "email this issue plugin", for we have already had a list of all customers' emails address and can grab the submitters' email once they have reported a bug. In addition, I also want to check the pricing question if we want to implement this plugin.

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi Derek,

I have replied to your review on the Marketplace but I quote my reply here so that others may easier find it:

User numbers always reflect the JIRA license level. If you have a 50-user JIRA license, you must purchase a 50-user license of this add-on because the license levels of the host product and the add-on must match.

However, you can send emails to unlimited number of people using this add-on.

Cheers,

Tibor

Thanks for your reply, that is what I want:)

It may be a little bit complex of the environment we have. We create a entry in a website to let our customers submit bugs and redirect to the JIRA(issue collector). We currently want to send the creation/update/close notification to our customers if there are. Your suggestion can work but I am wondering if it can have an automatic way to achieve that by using the "email this issue plugin", for we have already had a list of all customers' emails address and can grab the submitters' email once they have reported a bug. In addition, I also want to check the pricing question if we want to implement this plugin.

There are few limitations of Share, I name two here:

- email does not contain issue attributes but a link to the issue in JIRA. Therefore the recipients are implicitely limited to non-JIRA users, however Email This Issue can happily send issue emails to non-JIRA recipients.

- you cannot bind Share emails to Issue Events or Workflow transitions while it is easy to do with Email This Issue

So Share and this add-on have different scopes. Share is great but is simply not sufficient in many cases.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

150 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you