JIRA email response remove URL...

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 14, 2015

Hi all,

We have a special JIRA system and queue that points to outside customers with text email responses.  They do not have access inside our firewall and so I want to remove the URL link from the response.

I have edited WEB-INF/classes/templates/email/text/includes/issuesummary.vm to remove the line:

>$stringUtils.leftPad($i18n.getText("common.concepts.url"), $padSize): ${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}

Yet the reply is still coming back with the following for the summary?!?

> Test 3
> ------
>
>                 Key: SUP-2462
>                 URL: http://jira1.xxx.com:8080/browse/SUP-2462
>             Project: Support
>          Issue Type: Task
>            Reporter: John Doe
>            Assignee: Robert Nadon

I was hoping to see this:

> Test 3
> ------
>
>                 Key: SUP-2462
>             Project: Support
>          Issue Type: Task
>            Reporter: John Doe
>            Assignee: Robert Nadon

I tried a reindex.  Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2015

Right I already removed all of the [ ${baseurl * ] items. That information from that comes outside of the "> " summary section. Turns out a reboot fixed it. So somewhere it must have cached it. Thanks for the Time, much appreciated.

1 vote
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2015

I think you will need to edit all the vm files to remove it. Not just the one.

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2015

Hi Boris, The only place it is found the code is in the include. For all the other ones I only see this line: #parse("templates/email/text/includes/issuesummary.vm") What other vm files are you referring to? The ones in html/ directory?

Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2015

grep -r '${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()' ./ .//filtersubscription.vm:${StringUtils.rightPad("", 12)}${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()} .//includes/issuesummary.vm:>$stringUtils.leftPad($i18n.getText("common.concepts.url"), $padSize): ${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()} .//issueassigned.vm: [ ${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}?page=${tabpanel-all} ] .//issueclosed.vm: [ ${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}?page=${tabpanel-all} ] .//issuecommented.vm: #if($comment.getId())[ ${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}?page=${tabpanel-comment}&focusedCommentId=${comment.getId()}\#comment-${comment.getId()} ] #end .//issuecommentedited.vm: #if($comment.getId())[ ${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}?page=${tabpanel-comment}&focusedCommentId=${comment.getId()}\#comment-${comment.getId()} ] #end .//issuecreated.vm:$stringUtils.leftPad($i18n.getText("common.concepts.url"), $padSize): ${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()} .//issuedeleted.vm: [ ${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}?page=${tabpanel-all} ] .//issuegenericevent.vm: [ ${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}?page=${tabpanel-all} ] .//issuementioned.vm: [ ${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}?page=${tabpanel-all} ] .//issuementioned.vm:>$stringUtils.leftPad($i18n.getText("jira.mentions.email.view.online"), $padSize): ${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()} .//issuementioned.vm:>$stringUtils.leftPad($i18n.getText("jira.mentions.email.comment.add"), $padSize): ${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}#add-comment .//issuemoved.vm: [ ${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}?page=${tabpanel-all} ] .//issuereopened.vm: [ ${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}?page=${tabpanel-all} ] .//issueresolved.vm: [ ${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}?page=${tabpanel-all} ] .//issueupdated.vm: [ ${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}?page=${tabpanel-all} ] .//issueworklogupdated.vm: #if ($worklog)[ ${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}?page=${tabpanel-worklog}\#worklog-${worklog.getId()} ]#else[ ${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}?page=all ]#end .//issueworkstarted.vm: [ ${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}?page=${tabpanel-all} ] .//issueworkstopped.vm: [ ${baseurl}/browse/${issue.getKey()}?page=${tabpanel-all} ]

Suggest an answer