JIRA email notifications have a subject but no body

Michael Hollander April 24, 2013

Recently, I've been noticing that certain notification emails sent by JIRA have a subject, but the body of the email is completely blank. Only certain emails have this issue: Opening and closing a case is problematic, but commenting or re-assigning is not. Basically, if the prefix of the email is not [JIRA], we have a problem. Could this be an issue with a listener, or could a script have failed somewhere?

I am using JIRA 4.1.1

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Hollander May 1, 2013

A rather unusual solution: While I was researching the problem, we had a massive server failure and a great loss of data. We recovered our JIRA server using a backup created before the issue started. The issue is now resolved.

Thank you for your suggestions nonetheless.

0 votes
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2013

Thanks for the update Michael.

Since the problem is now fixed on your end, can you kindly help to mark this post as answered?

Cheers!

0 votes
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2013

Hi Michael,

Is there any customization made towards the email velocity template?

And also, can you check the workflow, and confirm which event is fired when issue is created and closed?

0 votes
Chaithra N
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2013

hi,

Check the logs for more information.

Also check the memory of JIRA

Suggest an answer