JIRA email notification issues

Ash Andrews November 15, 2017

We are running JIRA Service Desk 3.6.2 and recently developed an issue where our issue creators/watchers are no longer receiving email notifications.

JIRA Service Desk administrators receive email notifications when issues are created, however the issue creators don't receive notifications when an issue is commented, resolved etc.

I have checked the Default Notification Schemes and that is set to send notifications. I have also used the notification helper which confirms the creators/watchers should be  receiving email notifications. Test emails also send without issues.

We have multiple projects in JIRA and all are affected so I don't think it is anything specific to a project.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here? It used to work until about a week ago and we can't work out what has changed.

2 answers

0 votes
Ash Andrews November 19, 2017

Anyone else have any ideas???

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2017

Hello,

In Service desk there are two types of notifications: customer notifications and agent notification. I guess you checked only agents notifications. But I think the problem is with customer notifications. Customer notifications are setup per project. Go to Projects settings->Customer notifications and make sure that notifications are enabled. You can read more about notifications in Jira service desk here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/managing-service-desk-notifications-732528936.html

Ash Andrews November 15, 2017

Thanks for your reply.

I have gone into this section and checked each rule. They all had the box for enabled already ticked.

Suggest an answer