JIRA email - double lines CreateOrCommentHandler

Ondrej Berger June 26, 2012

Hello,

our customer has JIRA 4.4.4. It is connected to Exchange server (unkown version to me, because we have acces to jira server only) using std. CreateOrCommentHandler to create issues from email. It works fine, but during last few weeks some issues have doubled empty lines when issue is created.

For example, in email is:

line1
line2

And in resulting issue there is (notice empty line between text lines):

line1

line2

When email contains more paragraphs / lines of text it makes reading it quite difficult. It seems that problem is only when as email client is used Outlook with HTML email format. Problem is that we cannot ask customers of our customer to send emails in plain text. :(

Exchange server was upgraded in that time, but I don't know if it is related. Probably is, because when I use gmail account connected to my testing JIRA it works fine even from Outlook.

Is there some way to remove this unwanted empty lines from issues?

Thanks for any advice.

Ondrej

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2012

Try JEMH (pre 1.0 commercial version is free to use) that will use the text/plain component of the email (assuming its sent).

Suggest an answer