JIRA doesn't send email notifications

Zoran Jeremic September 15, 2013

I transfered the JIRA project from my server to Atlassian OnDemand server. Everything seems to work but notifications are not sent to users. I tried to create new notification scheme and to switch to default, but still there is no emails. I found on forum two recommendation about this issue:

1. to configure outgoing SMTP server - this option is not available to me, and it seems that it's already configured as I can send direct email to users.

2. to configure to receive for my own changes - I already configured this.

Could you give me an advice what could be the problem here?

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Zoran Jeremic September 20, 2013

It turned out that Outgoing SMTP server was disabled, and Atlassian technical support enabled it after I created ticket.

Thanks everyone for help.

1 vote
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2013

Hi, are the users that need to be notified registered in the notification scheme? Have you checked if the emails are in the spam folder? Do note that you don't get notified by your own changes by default. You can change this in your profile.

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2013

If you've done everything correctly and can't add your own SMTP server, you'll have to raise a support ticket with Atlassian to check if the mail actually hit the mail server and/or any errors in the logs.

Having said that you might be able to add gmail etc as a test.

Hi Harry,

Thank you for quick response.

are the users that need to be notified registered in the notification scheme?

Notification scheme, project and users were imported from the other server and it used to work there. I also created new notification scheme and added developers and users, and tried with defalt notification scheme. None of the users has been notified.

Have you checked if the emails are in the spam folder?

Yes. I know it goes sometimes to spam and I'm checking it all the time.

Do note that you don't get notified by your own changes by default. You can change this in your profile.

I also turned on option in my own profile to receive notifications on my own changes and I don't receive any changes.

Thank you for your advice. I just created a ticket at Atlassian. I think it could be related to the fact that both project and users are imported from the external JIRA server, but I don't know how to fix it.

Thanks

Suggest an answer