JIRA doesn't retrieve all email adresses from LDAP

Emeric LEBON November 12, 2014

Hello all,

I have connected a JIRA 6.3.9 instance to a Read-Only Posix Schema LDAP. 

Almost everything is working fine, I have spent time to synchronise users and groups, and now it is OK.

However, I don't understand why, sometimes the users' full name and their email address are not retrieved. And it is really weird because this bug doesn't affect every user, only 50% of them. And it seems it doesn't affect the same users every time. Sometimes I see my own full name and email address, and sometimes not. 

In fact, full name retrieving is not a problem, but the email address is because JIRA can't send emails to the affected users...

Anyone knows where this bug comes from?

EDIT : OK I have news about this bug. The affected users are those who have logged in after the last sync. It looks like, while a user is logging in, JIRA tries to sync the user information, and that's when it loses its data (except the username).

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Emeric LEBON November 12, 2014

Looks like writing my question helped me to solve it...

The objectClass=posixAccount filter returned two objects, due to compatibility reasons. The right "objectClass" to use for users, concerning FreeIPA LDAP Server is "person". Hope it will help others than me.

Suggest an answer