JIRA define resolution options

Julio Valdez December 7, 2017

Hi,

I have assigned a close screen to a workflow and added the field 'Resolution' to this screen.

When I go to close an issue, I see the 'Resolution' field but there are not options to choose from.  We have over 20 defined 'resolutions' but none show up.  

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2017

Hello,

Have a look at the transition and step properties. Maybe there is a property which hides or shows only certain relolutions. Go to edit workflow and check the property option for the step for the current issue and for the transition which you are trying to perform.

Julio Valdez December 8, 2017

Attached are screenshots of the field resolution and it's properties.  I still don't know why there are no listed options.

Thanks again.resolution field properties 12.2017.JPGresolution screen 12.2017.JPG

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2017

Make sure that these values for the property are valid id's for resolutions. You can delete this property. If you have all resolutions back then it means that id's are wrong

perfect!  

There are about 30 resolutions available, how do I shrink my list to the four options that I only need?

nvm, I figured it. 

Thanks again for all your help.

Karolina Durucskó May 14, 2018

@Julio Valdez Hi, please let me know how did you shrink available resolutions list. Can I perform as a Jira deveolper user, or I need to be a JIRA admin?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2018

You need to be an admin to edit the workflows.  But the answer is as Alexey originally said - use workflow properties to shorten the list.

Suggest an answer