Not possible. Priority is a global field with a single list of options.
The best you can do is to remove the priority field in the field config for the project and use a custom field, but you'll lose all the extra functions that priority has in the rest of the UI.
Atlassian has this 11 year old request still outstanding: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-3821
We have a project that has custom Issue Types (which are project based) that we use like Priorities. We have three custom issue types: normal, moderate, panic. This allows us to do custom alerts and other customizations based on the level of priority without messing with the entire "priority" issue that Nic has pointed out. We find this solution works well for us as we aren't using a ton of other issue types with this project. That's our workaround.
Looked into this and here is a summary of items I am posting to all the tickets I found. Hopes this helps in the future! Please upvote the open ticket.
- JIRA - custom priority options for a single project (https://goo.gl/wWJRd8)
- Custom priority per project (https://goo.gl/4kP6RG)
- How to set custom priority for a new project? (https://goo.gl/J8jNnP)
- Issue priorities per project (https://goo.gl/uqoPFA)
- How do I customize priority list for project (https://goo.gl/aun5vc)
- is it possible to define a custom priority for the project? (https://goo.gl/Wf36HE
-Default priority - specific to a project? (https://goo.gl/qJExIM)
**** Open Ticket (and @Nic Brough favorite ticket) JIRA: JRASERVER-3821 Priorities per Project and Resolutions per Issue Type (https://goo.gl/5CKTS1)
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot