JIRA custom fields

skumarb2 May 18, 2017

Hi Team,

I have few queries with JIRA custom fields.

"When a drop down custom field is selected to a particular value, then the next Text box field should be be made mandatory.

If there's any plugin availble for the operation. it would be fine as well.

Also, could you please let me know, which plugin works for "Parent Link" field in JIRA ?

Regards

Sunil Kumar

DXC.Technology

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2017

If you are on JIRA Server, you can use ScriptRunner to achieve this. This used to just be in a separate add-on called Behaviors, but Behaviors has since been included in ScriptRunner.

We use this add-on to achieve something similar - we have a single-select field called "Workaround Exists," and when the value is set to "Yes," we make another field called "Workaround Description" mandatory.

If you are on JIRA Cloud, this add-on won't work since the Cloud version does not include Behaviors (I could be wrong, I've never used ScriptRunner on Cloud personally), and I'm not sure of any other add-ons/solutions.

Re: your question on the "Parent Link" field - I'm not sure what you mean when you ask "which plugin works for 'Parent Link' field in JIRA." Do you already have this field? Is it a custom field you created? Are you wanting to create this field (if so, what should its functionality be)?

Suggest an answer