Within a JIRA listener plugin, from JIRA project A, after an issue update based of a trigger, I update an issue in JIRA project B. Code as follows:
CustomFieldManager customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager();
CustomField customField = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObject(10010);
IssueManager issueManager = ComponentManager.getInstance().getIssueManager();
MutableIssue currentMutableIssue = issueManager.getIssueObject(issue.getId());
issueManager.updateIssue(currentMutableIssue.getReporterUser(), currentMutableIssue, EventDispatchOption.ISSUE_UPDATED, false);
The value in the custom field of the issue in Project B is set correctly every time; however:
What am I missing here? Thanks.
Actually it's not working again - look like one day it works, one day doesn't. I have tried different approaches, but none work... In fact I found similar issue on this site and I post my problem there - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Answers-Developer-Questions/Update-an-issue-field-in-a-listener-changes-are-not-made/qaq-p/566449
I had the same problem like you. At the end I decided to reindex the issue manually when I change a customfield value. just add the following Codelines
final IssueIndexingService issueIndexingService =
This should work just fine
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG