JIRA create issue from other system

Jiannan Tang January 17, 2013

Hi:

I have other system save test case and unconfirm bug system.

And everyday every tester manage will submit 5000 confirm issues to JIRA.

I want to use REST API to insert issues, but the REST API only insert issue one by one.

And insert one issue cost 0.5s, the speed is so bad.

So have other solution can solve my question?

Or REST API support batch create issues?

1 answer

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2013

5000 issues per day into JIRA? And how many managers? Have you thought about the scale to which JIRA issues are planning to grow?

And I guess REST is the best, any other option will be equally bad.
Jiannan Tang January 17, 2013

But REST API is too slow.

Can I set the other system insert issue to jira database?

Now we are evaluting change bugzilla to JIRA, the issues maybe huge in th future.

Because our old bugzilla had more then 7, 000, 000 bugs. And the JIRA will replace three bugzilla system.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2013

You must NEVER write directly to a Jira database while it is running. You WILL break your Jira if you try it, with potential damage ranging from "inconsistencies and errors" through to "we need to restore it from a backup"

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2013

You mean 7,000,000 x 3 issues in one JIRA instance?

Jiannan Tang January 20, 2013

After tow or three years maybe.

Suggest an answer