JIRA crashes with "Oops - an error has occurred"

Easy way to reproduce:

go to a dashboard

click the Actions button for one of the issues

select Close Issue

In the popup, click close

Oops - an error has occurred

Looking better at the error message, it seemt that the error originates from the JFS plugin (by Quisapps):

at com.quisapps.jira.fieldsecurity.filter.processor.IssueEditRequestProcessor.parseMultipartRequest(IssueEditRequestProcessor.java:588)

at com.quisapps.jira.fieldsecurity.filter.processor.IssueEditRequestProcessor.filterMultipart(IssueEditRequestProcessor.java:256)

at com.quisapps.jira.fieldsecurity.filter.processor.IssueEditRequestProcessor.filter(IssueEditRequestProcessor.java:106)

at com.quisapps.jira.fieldsecurity.filter.FieldSecurityFilter.doFilter(FieldSecurityFilter.java:113)

This plugin is atm enabled for Operations projects, but also for some Transitions projects (why?). First I disabled JFS only for HEIRO, but I still got the same error.

Next I temporarily disabled the JFS plugin completely and after that the error didn't occur anymore.

Finally I enabled the plugin again because we need this plugin.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Check the version of the plugin is valid for your version of Jira.

Next, remove the setup for the plugin and see if it still happens without the plugin trying to do anything.

Then, add it back, one bit at a time until you find a setting that breaks it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

178 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you