JIRA crashes with "Oops - an error has occurred"

Lennart Leemhuis February 4, 2013

Easy way to reproduce:

go to a dashboard

click the Actions button for one of the issues

select Close Issue

In the popup, click close

Oops - an error has occurred

Looking better at the error message, it seemt that the error originates from the JFS plugin (by Quisapps):

at com.quisapps.jira.fieldsecurity.filter.processor.IssueEditRequestProcessor.parseMultipartRequest(IssueEditRequestProcessor.java:588)

at com.quisapps.jira.fieldsecurity.filter.processor.IssueEditRequestProcessor.filterMultipart(IssueEditRequestProcessor.java:256)

at com.quisapps.jira.fieldsecurity.filter.processor.IssueEditRequestProcessor.filter(IssueEditRequestProcessor.java:106)

at com.quisapps.jira.fieldsecurity.filter.FieldSecurityFilter.doFilter(FieldSecurityFilter.java:113)

This plugin is atm enabled for Operations projects, but also for some Transitions projects (why?). First I disabled JFS only for HEIRO, but I still got the same error.

Next I temporarily disabled the JFS plugin completely and after that the error didn't occur anymore.

Finally I enabled the plugin again because we need this plugin.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 4, 2013

Check the version of the plugin is valid for your version of Jira.

Next, remove the setup for the plugin and see if it still happens without the plugin trying to do anything.

Then, add it back, one bit at a time until you find a setting that breaks it.

Suggest an answer