JIRA crashed on Opera browser

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2014

Hi everyone

JIRA (6.1) crashed twice today when i tried accessing it over Opera browser.

On the supported platforms i cant see Opera in it, does that mean Opera is not supported browser for jira?

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2014

Hi Rahul,

That's correct. If the browser vendor and version are not stated in the support platforms page for the application, it means the browser is not supported, however sometimes it may still work with the application.

I hope this helps :)

Cheers,

Rodrigo

1 vote
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2014

Hey Rahul,

Yes, it means that Opera is not Supported, however, it does not means that the application will not work, but it may present some unusual problems such as this one reported.

Do you have the chance to test it using a different browser?

And also, please, clarify what do you mean with "JIRA Crash"? Are you able to access it in a different computer?

If you confirm that it is totally inacessible, it might be better to contact Atlassian Support at: support.atlassian.com so we can provide with a more precise analysis.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer