JIRA connectivity with SQL 2008 R2

Simon Genet March 14, 2013

We are trying to migrate from to an SQL2008R2 database.

I have created the DB, User and Schema however the config utility fails with 'unable to connect'.

The driver is in place and I have followed all the other steps multiple times without success...

Also tested windows odbc connection to BD from app server and it worked....

Please help ;-)

2 answers

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 14, 2013

Hi Simon,

Have you checked out the documentation for this process here? Please check it out, especially the parts about TCP/IP as well as the ports.

Cheers,

Joe

Simon Genet March 17, 2013

Hi Joe,

That is the documentation I was using. Our SQL box is fairly vanilla and ports are default.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 14, 2013

What does the application logs say? They'll have more detail about the specific error.

Do you have another tool that tries to connect using a jdbc connection? What connection strings are you using?

Simon Genet March 17, 2013

Hi Nic,

Not really sure what to look for in the logs. Tried searching for both SQL & JTDS but neither were mentioned.

At present we are not using any other jdbc connections... ODBC is connecting correctly however.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2013

You really do need to read the logs - they will have connection errors in them.

ODBC is not JDBC - you may well have the right settings for ODBC, but that doesn't matter - you need to get the right settings for JDBC and test with those.

Suggest an answer