JIRA commit acceptance plugin rules are not being validated on certain JIRA projects connected to a particular SVN repository.

Sirisha Bhupathiraju August 29, 2012

JIRA commit acceptance plugin rules are not being validated on certain JIRA projects connected to a particular SVN repository.

This repository is connected to several JIRA projects and all the JIRA keys have been listed in the jira-client.py script. But the commit is accepted even though the JIRA issue key is not part of the commit message.

The rules in JIRA for each of these projects have been configured as well.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sirisha Bhupathiraju October 9, 2012

Support helped me troubleshoot the issue and all of the projects associated with the repository need to be configured within the JIRA plugin with valid rules. Even if one project is not configured, it will let the commit to pass through without an issue key.

0 votes
adam cox September 5, 2012

I am having a similar issue. If one of the specified issue keys are specified. Then it will properly reject with the chosen rules in the plugin. Though, if a issue key is left off the commit, then it is allowed to go through..

Is this a limiation of the plugin? or possible configuration issue. Looking through the script it does not do any searching for the issue key. So, I assume that is all handled on the Jira plugin side.

This doesn't answer the question, but hopefully helps with troubleshooting.

Suggest an answer