JIRA cloud editors

Laas Toom September 24, 2019

Hi!

We're using JIRA cloud and I have switched to the "new Issue view". For some time now I have had this problem, that there's two editors - old editor with {{ curly braces style inline code used for creating Issues and the new editor with mardown and backtick-style inline code used to edit the issue. See the attached screenshot of the old and new editors.

At first I expected this to be "transition phase" during old-to-new migration, but this has now lasted more than half a year at least.

I don't seem to find an option to configure which editor is used where - as far as I can see, all issue types and and screen are the same "APP screen" on our instance, both for create issue and edit issue.

For a few months now there's been a separate issue – the new editor seems broken with regards to backticks - entering inline code formats the code, but instead of removing the backtick characters, it removes first char of the inline code instead, leaving backticks. This appears in both Chrome and Safari.

I have attached a GIF with recording of the issue.

Screenshot 2019-09-24 at 17.56.08.pngScreenshot 2019-09-24 at 17.56.31.pngScreen Recording 2019-09-24 at 18.01.09.gif

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2019

Hi Laas,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community and thanks for adding screenshots and details on your question.

I was able to replicate the same issue on my instance, but I couldn't find any bug related to it. 

On the new view, we have the option to manually add this by clicking on > Code.

Also, on markdown, instead of {code} we use ``` followed by a space to add a code block.

Screen Recording 2019-10-03 at 04.50 PM.gif

On their documentation, I didn't find anything related to adding only one ` to add an inline code block.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Angélica

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2019

@Laas Toom

I would like to give you an update on this issue.

We found a documentation that shows the inline code that you mentioned and it should work on our editor as well.

As I mentioned, I was able to replicate the issue, so I created a bug for our dev team to check.

- Markdown for inline code does not work in the new issue view

The workaround is to type the text and use the option for inline code directly on the editor.

Suggest an answer