JIRA cascade due dates

Camille Winer June 2, 2013

Is there any way to change all the issue due dates at once? I am the lead on a project where we have had to revise the scheduled due dates several times because 1 date will get postponed, causing all subsequent dates to need to be moved the same amount. If there was a way to add 2 days (for example) to every due date based on certain criteria (dates cannot be moved to Saturday or Sunday, for example), that would be very helpful.

2 answers

0 votes
Camille Winer June 20, 2013

Thank you for your answer Ala!

0 votes
AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2013

Hello Matthew,

As far as I know, this is not currently possible within JIRA. You need to add the dates for each issue individually, unless they are all due in the same date, then you can perform a bulk change in order to change the due date for those issues.

However, let's see if there are any other opinions or work-arounds regarding this. :)

lebourg November 6, 2014

Has a work around been found. I have the same problem and it causes me to spend more time managing Jira than really managing my projects.

Like Marie Elbert likes this

Suggest an answer