JIRA bulk change no longer there in 6.4.6

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2015

Hi all,

We upgraded to 6.4.6 and Tools -> Bulk change is no longer available?!?  I look under global permissions and that was not altered in the upgrade, as I still have have global permission to do bulk changes.  Under tools now is "no options available" 

Thanks in advance,

Robert

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 17, 2015

Turns out there was a Global Permission problem, as the groups were change in A/D.  After adding "Anyone" to the bulk change GP it start to work!

Thanks all for your help.

1 vote
Rodrigo Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2015

Hello Robert,

Try using JIRA Admin Helper to see why you were not permitted to do such action.

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2015

Hi Rodrigo, There is no bulk change under "Permission Helper"

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2015

As for everything else I have permission. I really do not think it is a permission problem. No one is able to see bulk change anymore. I can see it under 6.4.2, just not 6.4.6...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2015

Hmm. I've managed to do this too, in a dev 6.4.6. However, I lost all the menu content as well as bulk-edit - projects, issues and agile show a sliver of a grey bar (menu footer?) and nothing else.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 17, 2015

(oops... and) Do you get that too? Or is it just bulk edit? Also, could you check if it happens on another browser?

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2015

For me it is just bulk edit, however, we do not have agile installed in this instance. Issues shows everything.

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2015

Actually scratch that, even though we do not have agile installed it still shows up as a grey bar? Should not be there at all as we do not need agile for this instance. Strictly bug tracking.

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2015

Also all browsers that I have access to which is only Chrome and Firefox.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 17, 2015

Chrome and Firefox are different enough to make me rule out the browser. I've killed off Agile in this thing, and that hasn't changed it for me. However, I do think we're suffering similar, but probably unrelated issues. One other little nagging doubt - you do have at least 2 issues in the navigator when you're looking for bulk-edit? I'd be tempted to raise this with Atlassian support next, as bulk edit definitely should be there (as you've checked the only place where you can turn it off!)

Paul DeSousa
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 17, 2015

Yes there are all the issues there 35 total. I will open a support issue. Thanks.

Suggest an answer