Namaste Community member,

Got a query from my team member , he wants only issue related to his board should be visible. However current scenario is , under his board he can see issue from different board.

All this issue that he can see is of same project.

Please help on this.

Regards,

Anup

1 answer

1 votes
Warren Levy Community Champion Sep 20, 2017

There are boards and there are projects.

A board is just a view into a set of tickets, whether they relate to only one project or multiple projects. When you say he's seeing tickets from another board, that's not correct, he's seeing tickets from another project.

Given this info, I think you want to not show certain tickets (from a different project) on a specific board? This would be done via the board's filter, which can be changed by an administrator of the board.

Indeed, think of boards as views, not containers.

If an issue is on a board, it is because the board has selected it for view.  It doesn't "belong to another board", it's there because the current board is configured to include it.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,870 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot