JIRA as service provider

Jaron Wassenaar April 25, 2016

Dear Atlassianners,

After a talk to our CTO we came the conclusion that i asked the wrong question a week ago from now.

the question i should have asked is: Is it possible to configure JIRA as the service provider?

We want to be able to get users from JIRA when they are created or already exist in JIRA and then put them in our own database (user + role). From there on we will do the provisioning and authorization ourselves.

What would be the options here?

I am still thinking of using webhooks for this. There are two options i would like to explore using webhooks (other options which are easier to implement by not using webhooks are also welcome):

1. Use a webhook to talk to our own SCIM interface.
    OR
  2.  Use a webhook to notify our systems when a user is created/updated/deleted

Kind regards,

Jaron 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2016

Yes it's possible and I support one JIRA instance that have the own "central" GUI to manage everything with the underlying tools. We created our own application that queries the rich REST API of JIRA.

Jaron Wassenaar April 25, 2016

So you managed to get users out of JIRA and into your own system by using the REST API of JIRA,
is this correct? 

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2016

Yes, we have crawlers (scripts) that keeps the 2 application in sync.

Suggest an answer