JIRA as an HA application

Andrew Nisbet September 27, 2012

Has anyone had any expierence setting up Jira as an HA application(i.e. clusterd for fail-over). I know this is somewhat out of scope of Jira's original function, but we are looking at using it as a generalized work order engine, as opposed to a development tool. Back end replication is easy enough, but I see reconciliation as an issue if you have an outage, and have two front end nodes running o separately for a time. Again I know this is very much out of scope of Jira's original purpose, but we would like to at least explore the option of using it in this fashion.

Thanks

Andrew

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
LucasA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2012

Hi Andrew,

We have a recent guide to set JIRA on a HA environment. This page will help you on the automatic correction.

I hope it helps!

Best regards,
Lucas Timm

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2012

Hi, just to add, as per Lucas' documents Atlassian doesn't currently support hot failover. Cold failover is the best that you can get and unfortunately it does not support what you are after, e.g. master/slave replication with sticky sessions etc.

The best idea would be to keep the server running JIRA with redundant networks, power supplies etc. We can only minimize the risks of it going down right now.

Suggest an answer