Please let me know if JIRA can address the following requirements - and if I need extra add-ons please.
- Projects management tool (dozens of IT projects). A project has some level of missions (tasks) and employees (tasks are assigned to employees).
- Roles (manager and employee). Manager can see some parts that employee can't
- Due date for each task
- on-prem or cloud
- Reports (icnluding statistics)
- Gantt view
- Integration with MS Outlook
- Web based and can be accesses by mobile (smart phones)
- The tool will be used to manage IT projects (not development projects)
Yes, it can do all of that, and a lot more.
1. Gantt view - you'll need an add-on to do that
2. "Integration with Outlook" is meaningless, and you'll need to explain it before we can give you a "yes" or options. ("Integrate" is a suitcase word - while it's clearly got something in it you want to work with, we have no way of knowing what it is until you open it up and explain the content)
Thanks for that reply Nic. It sounds like you are well versed in the use of Jira for managing projects. We are about to begin with the implementation of Jira in our environment. We are replacing our Service Desk solution as well as our Project Management solution into this one tool. On the project management side - within Jira - I haven't really gotten a handle on how it manages individual tasks within a project. I'm assuming that tasks are now called issues within the project. Our project management philosphy within our department is very simple. We have one portfolio view of all projects with start and end dates. Then within each project we manage the tasks and who they are assigned to with start and end dates. That's it - really simple. So i'm trying to figure out the best approach to have Jira handle this for us as it is a much larger solution than what we will use it for.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot