JIRA apache mod_disk_cache use for static (/s) items

masijade March 26, 2014

Does anyone here have experience using apache's mod_disk_cache for only the static (/s) items for JIRA? I mean setting CacheEnabled to /s, so that only the static items are cached, which should prevent the problems I've seen referenced here for which the suggestion has always been to turn off caching all together.

Did this cause any problems for you?

2 answers

0 votes
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2015

Hi,

If frequently used - static content are already in RAM, because of OS disk cache. That's why I don't see reason for using this apache module for JIRA hosting. In case you have some performance problems you should try looking where exactly is your bottleneck.

Andris.

0 votes
masijade March 26, 2014

As I said, the questions I have found here about mod_disk_cache and JIRA have always suggested to turn it off. However, in both of those questions I could find, the configuration was designed to cache everything, and I am almost sure that that is what the problem was, not mod_disk_cache itself.

Suggest an answer