JIRA apache mod_disk_cache use for static (/s) items

Does anyone here have experience using apache's mod_disk_cache for only the static (/s) items for JIRA? I mean setting CacheEnabled to /s, so that only the static items are cached, which should prevent the problems I've seen referenced here for which the suggestion has always been to turn off caching all together.

Did this cause any problems for you?

2 answers

As I said, the questions I have found here about mod_disk_cache and JIRA have always suggested to turn it off. However, in both of those questions I could find, the configuration was designed to cache everything, and I am almost sure that that is what the problem was, not mod_disk_cache itself.

Hi,

If frequently used - static content are already in RAM, because of OS disk cache. That's why I don't see reason for using this apache module for JIRA hosting. In case you have some performance problems you should try looking where exactly is your bottleneck.

Andris.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

26,652 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you