JIRA and active directory

Edward To May 30, 2013

So I have JIRA integrated with Active Directory. I have three questions:

1) I was able to connect to the AD, but I was only able to retrieve a small user list from AD. It seems to stop at 2683 objects consistently. My AD is bigger than this. So I'm not seeing the complete list of AD user accounts.

2) So I went into the "User Object Filter" and pulled the user list based on a group, JIRA only showed two members even though there are about 10 members in that group.

Any idea what's happening?

3) I'm doing the eval, so the number of users in my ldap is more than licenses available. But not everyone will be using JIRA. Can I just purchase the number of licenses based on actual users of JIRA?

I'm stuck with this AD issue. Thank you for your help.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Edward To May 30, 2013

Thanks for the responses. It turns out that the results that were returned were in the base DN that I had specified. Once I figured out what I was doing, I was able to pull the correct info. As for the licensing question, I'll talk to sales about it.

0 votes
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2013

How is the permission of the user that is being used in the LDAP configuration? Could be the user don't have all the permission to all the OUs and CNs.

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2013

What is your license count in JIRA? You will need to filter down to the same count in AD when you connect it to JIRA to match the license.

Suggest an answer