JIRA and TCM

Yuval May 6, 2013

We are trying to implement TCM in JIRA without the need to clone issues at every test run and to keep QA in a single project instead of embedding QA to every project. We got it mostly working using the reommmended TCM customization from https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Customise+JIRA+For+Test+Case+Management

Test plans are impmented as tasks and related test cases are impemented as subtasks in the QA project. When we find an issue in a test case, we clone the test case (subtask), promote it to a bug, and then move it to the relative project maintaining the clone link in both the test case and the bug.

My question is, is there a way to group JIRA actions together (like a macro) so I can clone, promote and move a test case as a single action?

Or is there a "Super Clone Action" which behaves like the bulk edit where you get a choice to edit multiple fields before the clone is saved? This way I can do it all in one step.

1 answer

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2013

Clone Plus Plugin for JIRA does the super clone action for download version of JIRA, but, not for OnDemand.

Yuval May 6, 2013

We are using OnDemand. Is there a solution for OnDemand? Something like the JIRA Clone and Move Plugin?

Suggest an answer