JIRA and OAM integration

Jim Deely November 27, 2017

Is it possible to integrate JIRA and JIRA Service Desk with Oracle Access Manager and what components are needed to ensure a successful integration?

1 answer

1 vote
Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2017

Hello Jim,

If you have JIRA datacenter you should be able to integrate to OAM using the built-in saml.

If you are using server, then you need a third party SAML app like ours:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=kantega

We have many customers that use OAM. Let me know if you struggle setting it up.

Lars, Kantega Single Sign-on

Jim Deely November 30, 2017

Thanks Lars for the reply. I am completely new to JIRA so even the concept of a JIRA Datacenter is new to me. I am involved in a project where JIRA is being implemented as a Service Desk tool and a issue/bug tracking. In order for users to be able to monitor issues/service desk calls, they will need to access the JIRA Application and DB. As I am  using OAM to front the Oracle Production Estate, I am wondering if OAM can be used to control access to the Oracle Estate as well as the JIRA Repository? It appears that it can although I am not sure what Kantega SSO is? 

Lars Olav Velle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2017

Hi Jim,

I'll try to be brief :)

JIRA Data center supports SAML. JIRA Server does not. :)

OAM supports SAML and Kerberos. 

This means that if you are using JIRA Data Center you can integrate it with OAM using SAML.

If you are using JIRA Server, then you'll need an add-on to get SAML/Kerberos.

Kantega SSO is an add-on that makes JIRA and JIRA Service Desk support SAML and Kerberos. 

-Lars

Mahdi Challouf September 19, 2019

@Lars Olav Velle  

Hi Lars,

I'm using Jira Server 8.3 and I would like to integrate it with OAM using SAML protocol, is there a way to do it without a third-party app to integrate?  

Christian Reichert (resolution)
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2019

Hi @Mahdi Challouf

not unless you want to move to Data-Center. As long as you are on Server you always need a 3rd Party Plugin.

If you are interested you find the available ones via this search: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=saml

Cheers,
Chris

P.S. Full disclosure, I work for resolution, a marketplace vendor.

Suggest an answer