JIRA and Confluence Single Sign On

Young__Hahn May 8, 2015

Hi

I am currently working on testing SSO FOR JIRA and Confluence but it is not working..

I mean.. I am not sure if it is working or not.

I did read the documentations and followed each steps. 

So I am using Crowd to manage all users and in Crowd, I have JIRA directory and Confluence directory separately.. But creating and/or adding user from a directory to the another directory.. 

I am also using IP address with the ports.. not the domain name yet..

When I log on to JIRA(Or Confluence) I can do normal user things.. However, when I click on admin things, such as user management, it asks me to type in the password again.. 

Is this not part of SSO? I thought SSO means I don't have to re-login again... 

When I log in to JIRA using IP:8080 and move to Confluence IP:8090 I have to log in again.. 

this is not SSO right? 

Can someone guide me how to correctly implement SSO? 

I am guessing it might be because I am using IP address instead of domain name.. 

but I am not to sure about this.. 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 8, 2015

Hey Young,

Regarding your questions:

1. When accessing the admin area, you need to type your password again indeed, that's normal. This admin session will expire after 10 minutes in case of inactivity.
  2. This is a known issue when using more than one application in the same domain or IP address and it's better explained in this KB. Please check the resolution suggested there and see if it helps.

Hope it helps! smile

Cheers,
Andre 

Young__Hahn May 8, 2015

2 more questions before I do step 2. If I am using CROWD for user management, Jira and Confluence users does not have to be in same directory for SSO right? if yes, do I need to connect JIRA and Confluence? or I don't have to ?

Suggest an answer