JIRA and Confluecne Running on the Same Server

jiraguy November 28, 2012

Hi all,

I want some opinions on our current configuration. Currently, we have decided to have JIRA and Confluence running on the same server. Our DB is running on its own server.

The application server with JIRA and Confluence has approx. 8GB of RAM and 4 vCPUs. Its running fine now I just wonder what our scalability will be like? I antiicpate having approx 150 total users, not sure of concurrency. Overall number of projects will probably be in the 100s somewhere.

Cheers,

Graham

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2012

This should be fine. 8GB of RAM with 4 vCPU for 150 total NOT concurrent users should be plenty as you've also got an external database.

0 votes
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2012

Hey Folks,

Just wanted to point you guys at some Atlassian documentation.

JIRA Requirements - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/JIRA+Requirements#JIRARequirements-JIRAServerHardwareRecommendations

Confluence Requirements - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Server+Hardware+Requirements+Guide

You will see that your sytem specs should be beefy enough to handle this size userbase so long as you entire user base is not on at the same time. Having your external database server is certainly going to help with distributing the load.

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2012

i think this should be fine too.

if you start noticing performance gaps you could adjust javas memory usage for both applications.

Suggest an answer