JIRA after XML import of comments have not been imported

Amir Ghaemian October 14, 2014

Hi, I'm trying to move JIRA from a windows server to a Linux server. I've went with the XML export/import way and the whole process is successful except that when I compare the amount of comments between the servers in System Info I can see that almost no comments have been imported.

JIRA: 6.2.1
DB: PostgreSQL 9.3 both DB are configured exactly the same with encoding utf8

Name     |   Owner    | Encoding |   Collate   |    Ctype    |   Access privileges

--------------+------------+----------+-------------+-------------+-----------------------

jiradb       | jiradbuser | UTF8     | sv_SE.utf8  | sv_SE.utf8  |

Anyone that have experienced the same thing and might have some hints?

Regards
Amir

1 answer

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2014

Hi Amir, I noticed that you mentioned "DB: PostgreSQL 9.3 both DB are configured exactly the same with encoding utf8", if both servers are using Postgres, is there any specific reason to not just restore the backup of the database into the database of the other instance?

Cheers

Amir Ghaemian October 14, 2014

Hi, Yeah sorry for not menttioning but exporting/importing the db was the first way I tried with the same result and then I figured I'll try using the XML export way as well.

Suggest an answer