JIRA addon incompatible to update

SRBR SE November 25, 2013

I have Jira 6.0.3 and I want to update to 6.1.4, but update checker warn about incompatible addon:

JIRA Workflow Enhancer

I found several issues asking for a new version, but there is no answer from developer

(ie: https://tngtech-oss.atlassian.net/browse/JWFE-23)

What happens if I proceed with update? The old addon will be disabled? How to plan risks?

How to discover each impacted workflow/customfield?

NOTE: If I cannot update JIRA due to a out of date addon, so I am paying for JIRA update that I cannot perform.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2013

It's difficult to say without trying it. Some incompatible plugins work fine. Some won't load at all and become disabled (which stops all the functions using them from working). Some fail partially (E.g. one I wrote for 4.0 failed in 4.4 - it had some validators and post-functions, but the fail was limited to one post-function that just crashed on use)

You are going to struggle with this one. Finding out where you've used it means ploughing through all the places where you think you might have used it! If you have a small or medium Jira, you can export to xml and then do a search for the package name because the workflow definitions will mention them explicitly. For any Jira, a rummage through the database to at least find the workflows which are using them might be a good start.

V MALLIKARJUNA December 4, 2023

Hi Nic Brough,

Is it recommended to disable plugins before upgradation.

or directly we can upgrade to new version

0 votes
AndreasS January 22, 2014

It took same time but finally we are happy to announce the compatibility of Workflow Enhancer for JIRA v3.0 with JIRA 6.x, see https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.tng.jira.plugins.workflowenhancer/versions#b537

Suggest an answer