JIRA add-on INCOMPATIBLE - UPDATE REQUESTED

Didier Riedinger May 20, 2014

Hello,

I'm using JIRA 5.2 and I performed an update from <JIRA Suite Utilities> with the Universal Plugin Manager. The following text has been added in red near JIRA Suite Utilities INCOMPATIBLE - UPDATE REQUESTED. The add-on is for JIRA 6.0 and later release. See the attachment below.

My questions are:

1/ What are the update impacts on my instance of JIRA?

2/ Is my instance of JIRA still working correctly? Can I continue to use JIRA in this state?

3/ Should I roll back to a previous version of the add-on? Is it possible? if yes how?

Thank you in advance.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2014

1. Actually, nothing until you run into a function it executes. Those happen in workflows and issue view, so you're probably ok

2. Possibly. If you're using JSU functions and they're incompatible, they could break. The JSU stuff is almost all workflow related, so if you don't move issues through the workflow, you shouldn't hit any problem. But you might. And I would NOT recommend using Jira in this state

3. Yes. Uninstall the plugin, then immediately add the latest valid version

Note that you can probably only get away with this for this one plugin. There are others that you could survive this with, but I'm not going to try listing any. I just don't want anyone to read this and think the advice is valid for any other plugins!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2014

It depends on which plugin you're looking at. Which one is showing the warning?

0 votes
Consu May 27, 2014

Hello I have exactly the same happening with Confluence. I don't have the same plugin as above, but I can see the same warning.

Does anyone else have the same? Did it happen after you updated any specific plugin? I am not able to see which update could have caused this problem.

Thanks for the help

Suggest an answer