JIRA activity stream displays user without profile picture

Florian Kersten July 21, 2013

Hi there,

in our JIRA activity stream sometimes some users appear without profile pic. As you can see on the screenshot also the full name changes to username (though in this case its even not the actual username, probably it is an old username which was changed). Both entries are from the same user account.

Does someone know this problem?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Florian Kersten February 2, 2014

The problem was solved after updating JIRA to the newest release

0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2013

Florian i am not 100% if this would help in that case but i'd try clearing the plugin cache and restart jira afterwards

check this one

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-27314

Florian Kersten July 22, 2013

ok, i will try that and let you know

0 votes
Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 21, 2013

Hi Florian,

This is caused by the 'View User Profiles' permission of 'Anonymous Access' is disabled:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Profile+Picture+Displayed+as+Question+Mark+to+Anonymous+User

Regards
Onkar Ahire

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2013

but why is the below activity stream entry (i assume the users are identical) showing the avatar and full name then?

Florian Kersten July 21, 2013

yes both entries a definately from the same user. the problem sometimes appears and sometimes not

Suggest an answer