JIRA activation without Internet connection

Aleksandr Sidorenkov January 22, 2015

Hi,

How I can activate JIRA stand-alone server without Internet connection? Cannot finish installation.

I have a license key, server ID: BENU-7KZX-P372-0JXA

1 answer

0 votes
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2015

Which problem are you facing? You should be asked to introduce your license when you start the setup wizard. An internet connection is not mandatory to install JIRA.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2015

This question comes up a lot when people have JIRA installations that are not on the internet - the installers try to go to your my.atlassian account to create/fetch a licence, and when they fail, they stop. It's not always obvious that you need to go do that step manually on an internet connected machine (go to the account, generate the licence and copy and paste it on to the server)

John Watkins July 14, 2015

We have tried this solution but during the setup for JIRA, when you are required to input the licence, it also asks for an atlassian account and password. I put in my account details and copied my licence into the appropriate fields and try to proceed but get the error "cannot connect to the atlassian servers" (or something similar.) It seems this step still needs an internet connection?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2015

It shouldn't do - I just get a licence box

what do you mean by a licence box?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 14, 2015

A text box in which to paste a licence.

yeah there is that but also username box and password box for atlassian account? is this new?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 14, 2015

No. There's a username and password for a local admin when I'm using existing data. But a clean empty one gives me just a licence box when I select "I have a licence"

petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2015

What if you leave the user and password empty, adding just the license?

Suggest an answer