JIRA & Zendesk Integration Weird Issue

Brandon Pal January 6, 2014

We had an issue this morning that lead me to break our link between Zendesk and Jira.

I have since recreated the link multiple times and restarted JIRA multiple times and here is what is happning.

If I create a new ticket in Zendesk and have it create a JIRA ticket all is working fine.

If I try to link an existing Zendesk ticket to an existing JIRA ticket this is what happins.

• I make a comment in Zendesk and the comment shows in JIRA
  • I make a comment in JIRA and it creates a new Zendesk ticket and it creates a new JIRA ticket

I've called Zendesk and they have escilated the issue but at the speed in which Zendesk replies we will be down for a few days.

This is a huge blocker to both our support desk and our develoeprs so any help or advice would be greatly apreachaited.

Thank you in advanced.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brandon Pal January 12, 2014

Turns out that the invitation from Zendesk was not deleting properly from JIRA.

Had to shutdown JIRA and re-delate the invitation and then send a new one. All is working now.

0 votes
John Verburg December 22, 2014

@Brandon Pal could you be more precise how you have solved this issue? We experience the same problem. 

What we did: restart JIRA, deleted the Zendesk ticket sharing, created a new one. But the problem is still there. 

0 votes
Brandon Pal January 19, 2014

Turns out that the invitation from Zendesk was not deleting properly from JIRA.

Had to shutdown JIRA and re-delate the invitation and then send a new one. All is working now.

Suggest an answer