JIRA Workflow with templates, knowledgebase and unique tagging

Valentino Dax September 20, 2017

In our Company we are using JIRA and the Service Desk to process incoming support e-mails. Our desired workflow Looks like this:

Support email arives

-> JIRA is initiating it

-> Helpdesk worker is opening the email

-> reading the issue

-> choosing a related unique Tag out of a two Level list (most of our Support issues are very repetetive, even though the answer Needs to be customized) *

-> a suggested article from the internal (!) knowledge base appears and he can check for further Details *

-> a template is automatically pasted in the comment field *

-> the template is customized

-> mail is sent to the customer

-> we want to analyse how often a problem appears

We need a solution for all points marked with an asterix. The link to the knowledge base could be solved with confluence and the autosuggestion could be through keywords, even though this is not exactly what we want. For the templates I was thinking about using the Plugin "Template comments for JIRA Service Desk". For the tagging we were planing to use "custom fields". The big disadvantage would be that I have to create the issues/solutions in confluence and in the template plugin, it would be better to store the templates straight as a part of the confluence page.

Anyway, I think there must be a better solution which is more straight forward. Any suggestions? (or comments to my planed workflow?)

Thanks

0 answers

Suggest an answer