JIRA - Workflow Scheme names character limitation?

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2012

HI,

We have upgraded JIRA to 5.0.6 last week and now I want to add new Workflow Scheme in the system. I notice that I am not able add more than 30 characters in the name of the workflow any more.. In the previous version there was no limits and I was able to name with with more characters.. Is this a BUG or a intentional behavior?

It is very strange becouse when I want to make a copy of a current scheme that have more than 30 characters then everything is ok.. It is saying even more becouse of words: "Copy of.. " More! I can remove one letter for example "C" from "Copy" and I am able save this name with more characters. But not able to add any more characters..

Can somebody confirm the same or say that this was introduced in a new version? If so.. Can I know the reason why there is a limit now?

Thanks

Mirek

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2012

Hi all,

Atlassian confirm that this is a BUG and looks like that we will have a fix in JIRA 5.2

You can track the progress on the process of implementing the fix under this JIRA issue:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-28527

I hope that the realease will be soon

Regards,

Mirek

0 votes
Raimonds Raimonds July 22, 2012
0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2012

AFAIK, WorkflowScheme has a name of max 255 chars (as defined in entitymodel). Now what are you describing is a javascript?!? problem, possibly ... Does it reproduce on all browsers ?

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 23, 2012

Hi Radu,

Yes.. I can reproduce this on any browser.. Chrome, Firefox, IE, .. This is very frustrating since there was no limit and now from some reason I am not able to add longer name. We have special naming convention and now it is imposible to follow it.

From this reason I need to now if this is a bug like Raimonds suggested or maybe intentional behavior? (to fix other bug or bigger problem). If it is a bug then is this fixed in 5.1?

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2012

Then, it's a bug.

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 30, 2012

I think so..

Can somebody from Atlassian confirm that? If so.. is there any workaround?

Suggest an answer