JIRA Workbox Notifications not displaying in Confluence

Having carefully followed the steps in the Configuring Workbox Notifications guide, am I unable to see any notifications in Confluence Workbox emanating from the solely linked (using OAuth and linked in both directions) JIRA Software instance.

I am running v5.9.3 of Confluence and v7.0.5 of JIRA Software. As mentioned, I have a bi-directional OAuth application link set-up between the two applications. I have also ensured within Confluence's administration that under 'In-app Notifications', the JIRA Software instance is listed under the selected radio button entitled 'displays in-app notifications from other servers'.

In JIRA, I have tried the following:

• Creating new issues
  • Commenting on issues and in some comments, putting my own name as a mention in the usual manner i.e. '@<name>'.
  • Logging in as a different Crowd backed user in JIRA and adding a comment on an issue that my user is a watcher on. In some of the added comments, I included my user as a mention.

In logging back into Confluence as my user, I do not see any updates appearing on the workbox.

I can confirm that I can edit Confluence pages and insert JIRA issues which do show up with relevant status information.

I have checked the logs in both JIRA and Confluence and albeit I have left the logging levels as the out-of-the-box defaults, there are no warnings or errors relating to Workbox notifications.

Given this seems to be affecting others e.g. Samuel Titka - 'JIRA notifications are not included in the Confluence Workbox', appreciate assistance on determining what seems to be preventing JIRA notifications from propagating to Confluence?

1 answer

0 vote
Steven Behnke Community Champion Feb 01, 2016

Consider opening a ticket with support.atlassian.com. This isn't something most of us have seen.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

53 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you