JIRA Workbox Notifications not displaying in Confluence

Mark Brown January 30, 2016

Having carefully followed the steps in the Configuring Workbox Notifications guide, am I unable to see any notifications in Confluence Workbox emanating from the solely linked (using OAuth and linked in both directions) JIRA Software instance.

I am running v5.9.3 of Confluence and v7.0.5 of JIRA Software. As mentioned, I have a bi-directional OAuth application link set-up between the two applications. I have also ensured within Confluence's administration that under 'In-app Notifications', the JIRA Software instance is listed under the selected radio button entitled 'displays in-app notifications from other servers'.

In JIRA, I have tried the following:

• Creating new issues
  • Commenting on issues and in some comments, putting my own name as a mention in the usual manner i.e. '@<name>'.
  • Logging in as a different Crowd backed user in JIRA and adding a comment on an issue that my user is a watcher on. In some of the added comments, I included my user as a mention.

In logging back into Confluence as my user, I do not see any updates appearing on the workbox.

I can confirm that I can edit Confluence pages and insert JIRA issues which do show up with relevant status information.

I have checked the logs in both JIRA and Confluence and albeit I have left the logging levels as the out-of-the-box defaults, there are no warnings or errors relating to Workbox notifications.

Given this seems to be affecting others e.g. Samuel Titka - 'JIRA notifications are not included in the Confluence Workbox', appreciate assistance on determining what seems to be preventing JIRA notifications from propagating to Confluence?

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 1, 2016

Consider opening a ticket with support.atlassian.com. This isn't something most of us have seen.

Suggest an answer